Why does the Bible encourage us not to fear? When Fear becomes a force in your life, it branches out into worry, stress, and anxiety; this is all part of the enemy’s plan.
He wants to drag us down and darken our life with unbearable darkness.
How come we shouldn’t worry? We can be confident in the future and let our life take their favorite course? How can we stop the “what if?”
What if they screw me up and get fired? If the tire on my car opens and the vehicle spins? What if my child’s future isn’t great, and it’s my fault? Stop.
Take back your life, and don’t let fear control you. Replace your constant thoughts of worries and fears with positive ones with the following Bible verses.
Bible Verses about Fear in the Old Testament.
The Bible teaches us how to fight against Fear’s strongholds, but no one intends to fight alone.
God is in our corner and wants to fight our battles. So these bible verses about fear in the old testament teach us not to fear by letting God take over.
1. The LORD is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? (Psalms 27:1)
- When the wicked came against me to eat up my flesh, My enemies and foes, They stumbled and fell. (Psalm 27:2)
- I sought the LORD, and He heard me and delivered me from all my fears. (Psalm 34:4)
- But whoever listens to me will dwell safely, and will be [a]secure, without fear of evil. (Proverbs 1:33)
- Say to those who are fearful-hearted, “Be strong, do not fear! Behold, your God will come with a vengeance, With the recompense of God; He will come and save you. (Isaiah 35:4)
- Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand. (Isaiah 41.10)
- You shall not be afraid of the terror by night, Nor of the arrow that flies by day, Nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness, Nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday. (Psalm 91:5-6)
- Then you will walk safely in your way, And your foot will not stumble. (Proverbs 3:23)
- When you lie down, you will not be afraid; Yes, you will lie down, and your sleep will be sweet. (Proverbs 3:24)
Also Related: 47 Bible Verses about Overcoming Enemies.
Bible Verses about Fear in Paul’s Letters.
Fear can be paralyzing and push more composed people into states of utter unease and uncertainty, but Paul reminds us through His Word that there is nothing to fear because of Jesus.
- For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. (2 Timothy 1:7)
- Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4: 6-7)
- Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling (Philippians 2:12)
- So we may boldly say, “The LORD is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me? (Hebrews 13:6)
Bible Verses About The Fear Of Failure.
At some point, we are all afraid of failure. It is human nature. When we leave our comfort zone, we feel scared.
As believers, our ego and identity become so involved in what we are doing that when things don’t go as we expect, we can feel great immobilizing fear.
The Fear of failure is born from a lack of faith, and it is itself the seed of failure since only faith triumphs.
- For the thing I greatly feared has come upon me, and what I dreaded has happened to me. (Job 3:25)
- The head of Ephraim is Samaria, And the head of Samaria is Remaliah’s son. If you will not believe, Surely you shall not be established (Isaiah 7:9)
- But now, thus says the LORD, who created you, O Jacob, And He who formed you, O Israel: “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; You are Mine. (Isaiah 43:1)
- But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. For let, not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord. (James 1: 6-7)
- But even if you should suffer for righteousness’ sake, you are blessed. “And do not be afraid of their threats, nor be troubled. (1 Peter 3:14)
- Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the LORD your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.” (Deuteronomy 31:6)
- In the multitude of my anxieties within me, Your comforts delight my soul. (Psalm 94:19)
Bible Verses about Fear of the Unknown.
- You must not fear them, for the LORD your God Himself fights for you. (Deuteronomy 3:22)
- Now the LORD said to Joshua: “Do not be afraid, nor be dismayed; take all the people of war with you, and arise, go up to Ai.
See, I have given into your hand the king of Ai, his people, his city, and his land. (Joshua 8:1)
- Do not be afraid of the king of Babylon, of whom you are afraid; do not be afraid of him,’ says the LORD, ‘for I am with you, to save you and deliver you from his hand. (Jeremiah 42:11)
- But do not fear, O My servant Jacob, And do not be dismayed, O Israel! For behold, I will save you from afar.
And your offspring from the land of their captivity; Jacob shall return, have rest and be at ease; No one shall make him afraid. (Jeremiah 46:27)
- God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble. (Psalms 46:1)
- Therefore we will not fear, Even though the earth be removed, And though the mountains be carried into the [a]midst of the sea. (Psalm 46:2)
- Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in You. (Psalms 56:3)
- In God (I will praise His word), In God I have put my trust; I will not fear. What can flesh do to me? (Psalm 56.4)
- Then He said to His disciples, “Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; nor about the body, what you will put on. Life is more than food, and the body is more than clothing. (Luke 12:22-26)
Bible Verses about Fear of God.
As stated in Proverbs 9: 10: “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.”
- You who fear the LORD, trust in the LORD; He is their help and shield. (Psalm 115:11)
- And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who can destroy both soul and body in hell. (Matthew 10:28)
- Then the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people. (Luke 2:10)
- There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love. (1 John 4:18)
- For I, the LORD your God will hold your right hand, Saying to you, ‘Fear not, I will help you. (Isaiah 41:13)
- The Fear of man brings a snare, But whoever trusts in the LORD shall be safe. (Proverbs 29:25)
- Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. (John 14:1)
- As a father pities his children, So the LORD pities those who fear Him. (Psalm 103:13)
- Therefore, do not fear them. For there is nothing covered that will not be revealed and hidden that will not be known. (Matthew 10:26)
- The Fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom; a good understanding have all those who do His commandments. His praise endures forever. (Psalm 111:10)
Bible Verses about Fear of the Past.
For many of us, fear can be put into some event or situation that made us fear or doubt our abilities.
Isaiah 54: 4 tells us that when we are not afraid and trust God with our fears, we will not worry about the shame or humiliation of the past.
You will never go back to that Fear of the past; you will be delivered from it because of God.
If you bring your fears to God, you will be freed from the past; it will not accompany you into the future.
- Fear not, O land; Be glad and rejoice, For the Lord has done [a]marvelous things! (Joel 2:21)
- Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows. (Matthew 10:31)
- Casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you. (1 Peter 5:7 )
- Honor all people. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the king. (1 Peter 2:17)
- Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its things. Sufficient for the day is its trouble. (Matthew 6:34)
- For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father.” (Romans 8:15)
- God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. (Psalm 46:1)
- For I, the LORD your God will hold your right hand, Saying to you, ‘Fear not, I will help you.’
“Fear not, you worm Jacob, You men of Israel! I will help you,” says the LORD And your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel. (Isaiah 41:13-14)
We cannot achieve peace with our own power. Fear can be soothed by remembering the peace we already have in Christ.
He is faithful to remind us, calm us down, and walk with us through every storm of Fear.
When we are faithful to surrender our fear to God, He will set limits in our lives to protect and defend us.
These scriptures will guide and encourage you to overcome situations of Fear that you may be experiencing today.
With these bible verses, you will conquer anxiety, fear of the past, fear of the unknown, and fear of failure.
Read, study, and meditate on these bible verses about Fear.
David SmallIs an Ordained Minister and Life Coach. He is an ordained minister since 1988. Shortly after receiving Jesus as his personal savior, he answered the call to ministry.
Bible Verses about Praising God in Difficult Times: 47 Best
Are you feeling discouraged by life’s circumstances? Do you know that Bible Verses about Praising God in Difficult Times will lighten your load...
75 Bible Verses for Failing Marriage
A failing marriage can scare you and disrupt your life in a big way. It threatens the stability of everything you hold dear..............