Are you looking for bible verses about love? Do you want to feel loved again? You will find it in this blog post.
By the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, I have come up with these top 55 inspirational bible verses about love.
Love is one thing that unites all of human existence. It has the ability to inspire, encourage, and lighten your heart.
The clearest and greatest way God teaches us about Love is to have given his only son for our salvation.
God commands all of us to have charity, the pure love of Christ, towards everyone.
My prayer is that the love of God will be shed abroad in your heart as you read this post.
1. Bible Verses About God’s Unconditional Love.
- He who does not love does not know God because God is love. (John 4: 8)
God is love, and for that reason, loving those around us is confirming his presence in our lives.
- In the morning, let me know of your great love because I have put my trust in you. Show me the path that I must follow because of you. I raise my soul. (Psalm 143: 8)
This verse can be a good way to start the day and ask God to let us see his love for us and lead us on the right path.
- May the Lord lead you to love as God loves and to persevere as Christ persevered. (Thessalonians 3: 5)
The teachings of Jesus embodied in the Bible can be a guide to live better. Loving as God loves us and persevering as Jesus did.
- “For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have everlasting life” (John 3:16).
God loves us so much that He sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to come to this sinful world and die for our sake.
God did not feel good about sending his son to suffer, but it was what should be done out of love.
Christ so loved (agape) that he gave his life. He didn’t want to die himself, but he loved, so he did what God required.
- “But God shows his love for us, in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us” (Romans 5: 8).
Note the emphasis on our sinful condition, which emphasizes that God’s love is not the result of good works, but pure grace.
- “And this love consists, not in that we loved God, but in that, he loved us and sent his Son as an atonement for our sins” (1 John 4:10).
The scripture in this verse emphasized that godly love is not something that originated with man. Rather, it comes from God to us. God loved us first before we loved him.
- “See what love the Father has bestowed us, so that we may be called children of God! And we are. If the world does not know us, it is because it did not know him” (1 John 3: 1).
This verse speaks of the manner and measure of God’s love toward us. Bestowed has the idea of a one-sided giving, instead of a return for something earned.
- “But when the goodness of God our Savior and his love for men were made manifest, he saved us, not because of the works of righteousness which we would have done, but according to his mercy, by the baptism of regeneration and the renewal of the Holy Spirit, which he has poured out upon us in abundance through Jesus Christ our Savior” (Titus 3: 4-6).
God saved us, he showed us his goodness and love. He showed us His grace, the product of his great mercy, and not of our works of justice.
2. Bible Verses About Loving Others.
- Love does not harm others. So love is the fulfillment of the law. (Romans 13:10)
When our actions are supported by love, we will not be breaking any law or hurting anyone.
- Do not feed secret hatred against your brother, but frankly rebuke your neighbor so that you do not suffer the consequences of his sin. Do not be vindictive with your neighbor, nor hold a grudge against him. Love your neighbor as yourself. I am the Lord. (Leviticus 19: 17-18)
Loving our neighbors does not mean that we should not set limits to protect ourselves from possible harm. However, this verse, like the entire Bible, invites us not to hold grudges.
- This is the message you have heard all along: that we love one another. (John 3:11)
This famous verse from John reiterates that our greatest goal is to love one another.
- As dew refreshes heat, so a good word is better than a gift. (Ecclesiastics, 18:16)
A word of comfort and encouragement is enough to help someone.
- Always humble and kind, patient, tolerant of each other in love. (Ephesians 4: 2)
We must understand that our behavior towards others must be upright and loving.
- If someone affirms: “I love God,” but hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen. (John 4:20)
A reflection of the fact that it is a contradiction to say that we love God, and on the other hand, to harm our fellow men in any way.
- “Beloved, if God so loved us, we must also love one another. No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God abides in us, and his love is perfect in us” (1 John 4: 11-12).
Because God loves us, He expects us to love our neighbor in return.
- “Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another” Romans 12:10
This is a very important verse, which guides us to be very loving and kind to one another.
- “By this, all will know that you are My disciples if you have a love for one another.” John 13:35
Christians are to be known for their love for one another. Because love is the fulfillment of the law.
- “He who does not love Me does not keep My words, and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father’s who sent Me.” John 14:24
The way to know that we love God is for us to obey His commandments. The good news is that His commandments are not grievous.
Also Related: Top 55 Proven Bible Verses tO Strengthen Your Faith.
3. Bible Verses About Love and Marriage.
- Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her to make her holy. He purified it, washing it with water through the word. (Ephesians 5: 25-26)
In the Bible, there are many verses where husbands are encouraged to behave in an upright and loving way with their wives always.
- I spread my cloak over you, and covered your naked body, and committed myself to you; I allied with you. (Ezekiel 16: 8)
A biblical quote that speaks subtly of intimate relationships should be experienced as a commitment to the other person.
- Do not be jealous of your wife if you do not want to induce her to do something bad against you (Ecclesiastics 9: 1)
In this passage, it is clear that mutual treatment must be one of respect and, above all, trust.
- Husbands, love your wives as Christ loved the church and gave his life for her (Ephesians, 5:25)
In this bible verse, what appears on several occasions in the Bible is reaffirmed. We must respect and love our wives, equating them with Christ’s love for his church.
- No one has greater love than to lay down his life for his friends. (John 15:13)
Love towards friends should be equally valued as that of a couple.
- Clothe yourselves with love, which is the bond of perfect union. And may the peace of Christ reign in your hearts, because for this purpose God called you to form one body (Colossians, 3: 14-15)
A perfect biblical verse to dedicate to newlyweds.
4. Bible Verses bout Love and Forgiveness.
- Whoever ignores the offense creates bonds of love (Proverbs, 17: 9)
This verse is very powerful and of great wisdom. May we all have the integrity to carry it out.
- Above all, put on love, which is the perfect bond. (Colossians 3:14)
Before anything else, our actions and thinking must be grounded in love.
- Above all, love one another deeply because love covers a multitude of sins. (Peter 4: 8)
Jesus always spoke of the power of love as a way to save us all from the evil of the world.
- Love must be sincere. Hate evil, cling to the good. (Romans 12: 9)
One of the purest feelings is love. We must hold on to it.
- Love will never cease to exist (1 Corinthians, 13: 8)
Love is what moves the universe. It would not cease to exist.
- “But I say to you: Love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who abuse you and persecute you; so that you may be children of your Father who is in heaven, who makes his sun rise on the bad and the good, and makes it rain on the just and unjust. Matthew 5: 44-45.
It’s great if someone loves us, and we love them back. That is easy. But this is not proof of love.
God loved us before we loved him, and we have done nothing to deserve this love. Love gives, and not only to those who are good to us.
5. Bible Verses about Love and Relationship.
- In exchange for you, I will give men; In exchange for your life, I will hand overpeoples! Because I love you, and you are in my eyes, precious and worthy of honor. (Isaiah, 43: 4)
This verse is like a poem that exalts love and admiration for the loved one.
You have to understand that love goes beyond the romantic details. It is a strong, committed, and firm feeling.
- I walked past you again and looked at you; you were already in the age of love. I stretched out my hand over you, covered your naked body, and committed myself to you; I allied with you. (Ezekiel l, 16: 8)
The commitment made with a person who is said to love is to create an alliance and take care of it.
This biblical quote is somewhat suggestive and stands out from the rest that talks about love and romanticism.
Perhaps because the Bible speaks about the intimate union as something sacred that seals a pact between two beings who love each other.
- A happy heart is like a banquet that brings good profit to the one who eats it (Ecclesiastics 30:25)
If we keep a pure and sincere heart, it will be filled with love and brings joy to ourselves.
6. Bible Verses about Love and Family.
- Love one another with brotherly love, respecting, and honoring each other. (Romans 12:10)
To love each other not only with the love of a couple but between family, friends, and everyone as a brotherhood.
- No one has ever seen God, but if we love one another, God remains among us, and among us, his love has been fully manifested. (John 4:12)
God’s existence can be seen in the feeling of loving our family and that this keeps us together.
- “Moreover, brethren, be in joy, perfect yourselves, be comforted, have one feeling, live in peace; and the God of love and of peace will be with you” (2 Corinthians 13:11).
This scripture verse is a reassurance of God’s love for His people. Whatever you are going through, you are not alone. God has not abandoned you.
Also Related: Memorize Scripture: 15 Hacks that will help you.
7. Bible Verses About Love and Trust.
- The heart knows its bitterness and does not share its joys with any stranger. (Proverbs 14:10)
A relationship with a partner has trust as part of its foundation. When we are in love, we entrust our bitterness and joys with that special being.
- Love your neighbor as yourself (James, 2: 8)
Once again, this famous scripture invites us to reflect and extend our love to all the people around us, without distinction.
- Three things are permanent: faith, hope, and love, but the most important of the three is love. (Corinthians, 13:13)
This verse from Corinthians invites us to reflect on the pillars of our lives: faith, hope, and love, love being the most important.
- Having love is not getting angry or holding a grudge. (Corinthians, 13: 4-6)
The true meaning of love does not to tolerate any resentment.
- To have love… is not to rejoice in injustices, but in the truth (Corinthians, 13: 2)
This biblical quote about love reflects on the fact that true love does not allow injustice.
8. Bible Verses About God’s Love
- “If anyone says: I love God and hates his brother, he is a liar. For he who does not love his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen? And we have this commandment from him: He who loves God, love his brother also. “1 John 4: 20-21.
Our love for God is not greater than our love for our fellow men. God’s love does not change according to circumstances. It is firmly rooted.
- God is love (1 John 4: 8b).
The very nature of God is love. He loves us unconditionally.
God is Love, This includes people outside of our family circle and even more those people that we find it difficult to love or tolerate.
- “But because the Lord loves you because he wanted to keep the oath that he had made to your fathers, the Lord brought you out. By his mighty hand hath delivered you out of the house of bondage, out of the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt” (Deuteronomy 7: 8).
God’s love for his people is sovereign.
- And, this sovereign love of God for the nation of Israel but also the people of the Church, we are “a holy nation, a people acquired so that you proclaim the virtues of him who called you from darkness to his own wonderful light” (1 Peter 2: 9).
God showed his love in this way: he saved us by bringing us out of darkness into light. He changed our status, gave us a new identity, and brought us into a new reality.
- “But God, who is rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, we who had died of our trespasses, made us alive with Christ (it is by grace that you are saved )” (Ephesians 2: 4-5).
Mercy is about showing compassion and undeserved kindness. God’s love is related to his “mercy”. God does not love us because we deserve it or anything we do right. He loves us unconditionally.
- “The Lord shows himself to me from afar: I love you with an everlasting love; therefore I preserve my goodness to you” (Jeremiah 31: 3).
No matter what we are going through in this life, we can always repent and turn back to God. He will forgive us just as he has taught us to forgive, seven times seventy. He loves us that much. His love for us is eternal.
- “I pulled them with bonds of humanity, with cords of love, I was to them like one who would have released the yoke near their mouth, and I offered them food” (Hosea 11: 4).
This may be spiritually applied to Christ, the essential Word of God, who breaks the yoke of sin because of His love for us. He delivers us from Satan and brings us into liberty.
Indeed, God’s love for us is binding and delivering.
49.” For I am assured that neither death nor life, neither angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature can separate us from the love of God manifested in Jesus Christ our Lord” (Romans 8: 38-39).
Paul’s revelation of God’s love was so amazing. Jesus is the one who died for us and was raised again to continually intercede for us.
So in light of these, we have a great assurance that nothing would separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus.
9. Bible Verses about Love and Hope.
- “Love never gives up, never loses Faith, always has hope, and stands firm in all circumstances.” (Corinthians 13: 7)
You have to understand that love goes beyond the romantic details. It is a strong, committed, and firm feeling.
- “The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with” (Zephaniah 3:17).
His love takes delight in us, and that settles us, offering a sense of hope
- “We love him because he loved us first” (1 John 4:19).
God is Love. He is the origin, example, and architect of love. We love because He first loved us. Yes, we know how to love because He has shown it.
We can love because he made us in his image to understand him. He is the source, the motivation, and the summit of love.
- “But hope does not deceive, because the love of God is poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit which is given to us” (Romans 5: 5).
Hope is the full certainty that what we believe will come to pass. We could call it spiritual confidence. Not only do we have God’s love, but God continues to renew it through the Holy Spirit, as Jesus promised.
- “And we, we knew the love that God has for us, and we believed in it. God is love; and he that abideth in love abideth in God, and God abideth in him” (1 John 4:16).
As believers, we are participators in the love of the Father, through the witness of the Spirit of His Love. This magnificent truth provides us with great hope and binds our hearts to His eternal heart of love
- “For the love of God consists in keeping his commandments. And his commandments are not grievous” (1 John 5: 3).
Obedience to God’s commandments is an expression of our love for Him. Just as a child will obey his or her parents to show love, believers will obey the heavenly Father to show love toward Him.
The source of love is divine, not human. Therefore, it cannot be a feeling because feelings and emotions are fleeting
Everyone who loves is born of God and knows God … because God is love. Its essence, its nature, is love.
Now we do know what love is according to the Bible: it is the fundamental option to live like Christ, to go through the world doing good and freeing people from the clutches of evil, suffering, oppression, ideologies that destroy and divide, hindering communion with God and among men.
Recommended Books on Bible Verses about Love
The Good and Beautiful God: Falling in Love With the God Jesus Knows by James Bryan Smith
For the Love of God: A Daily Companion for Discovering the Riches of God’s Word by D. A. Carson
God Loves You: He Always Has–He Always Will by Dr. David Jeremiah
David SmallIs an Ordained Minister and Life Coach. He is an ordained minister since 1988. Shortly after receiving Jesus as his personal savior, he answered the call to ministry.
Pray for Protection: 51 Powerful Bible Verses
There are many things in the world today for which we need God’s protection. We are to pray Bible Verses to Pray for Protection...
Bible Verses about Pray Without Ceasing: 55 Amazing
Bible verses about pray without ceasing will help you do what you were called to do. Praying with all joyfulness. Paul's not talking about non-stop...