Is God interested in our Relationships? We were created as relational beings. From the beginning, the Bible shows us that God created us for the Relationship, with Him, with the created world and other people.
God formed the whole universe and made man according to his image and likeness so that he could relate personally to His creator.
He added fundamental pieces to human reality, such as nature, animals, vegetation, rivers, seas, enabling a new type of relationship between man and the world around him.
After that, He made the woman a suitable partner for the man. This companion would correspond to him and live alongside him in family and constant communion.
We were not made to live isolated from each other. We need to relate personally to people, despite the difficulties that this coexistence can cause.
Bible verses about Relationships between husband and wife.
The Bible teaches that we are to love others in the same way that God loves us. This command includes all people; however, the Bible gives specific orders for what the relationship should be like when it comes to your spouse.
These are some biblical verses that speak to husbands and wives and advise future married couples.
- Wives, submit to your own husbands, as is fitting in the Lord. Husbands, love your wives, and do not be bitter toward them. (Colossians 3:18-19)
- But from the beginning of the creation, God’ made them male and female. For this reason, a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh; so then they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate. (Mark 10:6-9)
- Who can find a [b]virtuous wife? For her worth is far above rubies. The heart of her husband safely trusts her; so he will have no lack of gain. (Proverbs 31:10–11)
- Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her, that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word, (Ephesians 5:25-26)
- Husbands, likewise, dwell with them with understanding, giving honor to the wife, as to the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life, that your prayers may not be hindered. (1 Peter 3:7)
- Most men will proclaim each his own goodness, But who can find a faithful man? The righteous man walks in his integrity; His children are blessed after him. (Proverbs 20:6-7)
- Two are better than one because they have a good reward for their labor. For if they fall, one will lift up his companion. But woe to him who is alone when he falls, For he has no one to help him up. (Ecclesiastes 4:9-10)
Also Related: 57 Bible Verses about Beauty of A Woman.
Bible Verses about Relationships between Friendships.
Relationships are essential, and the more they are cultivated, the better they become. Like a garden, you have to work to make your relationship work with your friends.
- A friend loves at all times, And a brother is born for adversity (Proverbs 17:17)
- A man who has friends [a]must himself be friendly, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother. (Proverbs 18:24)
- Faithful are the wounds of a friend, but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful. (Proverbs 27:6)
- Therefore let us pursue the things which make for peace and the things by which one may edify another. (Romans 14:17-19)
- Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honour giving preference to one another. (Romans 12:10)
- Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind, let each esteem others better than himself. (Philippians 2:3)
- This commandment we have from Him: that he who loves God must also love his brother. (1 John 4:21)
- But the end of all things is at hand; therefore, be serious and watchful in your prayers. And above all, things have fervent love for one another, for “love will cover a multitude of sins.” Be hospitable to one another without grumbling. (1 Peter 4:7–9)
Bible verses about relationships with others.
In the beginning, God created us to have a relationship with Him and then relationships with other individuals. The quality of our relationships governs our inner and outer lives. God is interested in how we relate to others. This is why we must pay special attention to the people around us, and become “people-persons”, famous people, loved by others and who love others.
- Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity (Psalms 133:1)
- If someone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen, [a]how can he love God whom he has not seen? (1 John 4:20)
- A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good; an evil man out of the evil [a]treasure of his heart brings forth evil. For out of the abundance of the heart, his mouth speaks. (Luke 6:45)
- By this, we know love because He laid down His life for us. And we also ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. (1 John 3:16)
- Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble and to keep oneself unspotted from the world. (James 1:27)
- And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you since you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me. (Matthew 25:40)
Bible Verses about Relationships between Brothers and Sisters in Christ.
There is nothing more valuable than our relationship with brethren. If we want to be God’s servants, we must develop at all costs the fruit of love without which we will remain dead and useless trees.
The bible admonished us to do good to everyone, and especially those who are of the household of faith.
- Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what [a]fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what [b]communion has light with darkness? (2 Corinthians 6:14)
- For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses. (Matthew 6:14–15)
- Moreover, if your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault between you and him alone. If he hears you, you have gained your brother. But if he will not hear, take with you one or two more, that ‘by the mouth of two or three witnesses, every word may be established. And if he refuses to hear them, tell it to the church. But if he refuses even to hear the church, let him be to you like a heathen and a tax collector. (Matthew 18:15–17)
- For you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. (Galatians 5:13)
- Do not rebuke an older man, but exhort him as a father, younger men as brothers, older women as mothers, younger women as sisters, with all purity. (1 Timothy 5:1–2)
- And let us consider one another to stir up love and good works. (Hebrews 10:24)
- Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God! Therefore the world does not know [b]us, because it did not know Him. (1 John 3:1)
Bible verses about Relationship between Families.
The Bible reminds us of the importance of the family. It gives us instructions on how different family members should show their love, understanding, and appreciation for one another.
Here are some scriptures on tips and directions for family life that we can use as we make an effort to ensure that God guides our family relationships.
- Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the LORD your God is giving you. (Exodus 20:12)
- Every one of you shall revere his mother and his father, and keep My Sabbaths: I am the LORD your God. (Leviticus 19:3)
- Honor your father and your mother, as the LORD your God has commanded you, that your days may be long, and that it may be well with you in the land which the LORD your God is giving you. (Deuteronomy 5:16)
- Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD; the fruit of the womb is a reward. (Psalm 127:3)
- Her children arise and call her blessed; Her husband also, and he praises her. Many daughters have done well, But you excel them all. Charm is deceitful, and beauty is passing, But a woman who fears the LORD, she shall be praised. Give her of the fruit of her hands, And let her works praise her in the gates. (Proverbs 31:28–31)
- When Jesus, therefore, saw His mother, and the disciple whom He loved standing by, He said to His mother, “Woman, behold your son! Then He said to the disciple, “Behold your mother!” And from that hour that disciple took her to his own home. (John 19:26–27)
- Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. Honor your father and mother,” which is the first commandment with promise: That it may be well with you and you may live long on the earth. (Ephesians 6:1–3)
Bible verses about Relationship with God.
From the beginning of creation, God sought to be intimate with His people. It was like that in the Garden of Eden. It was like that through the prophets, the judges, with Christ, and also with the Holy Spirit.
The following are the best bible verses about relationship with God that we can find in the Bible.
- Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded. (James 4:8)
- As the deer [b]pants for the water brooks, So pants my soul for You, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When shall I come and [c]appear before God? (Psalm 42:1-2)
- O God, You are my God; Early will I seek You; My soul thirsts for You; My flesh longs for You In a dry and thirsty land Where there is no water. (Psalm 63: 1)
- Call to Me, and I will answer you and show you great and [a]mighty things, which you do not know. (Jeremiah 33:3)
- And the LORD said, “Shall I hide from Abraham what I am doing, since Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him? (Genesis 18:17-18)
- No longer do I call you servants, for a servant, does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you. (John 15:15)
- Then he said to me, “Do not fear, Daniel, for, from the first day that you set your heart to understand and to humble yourself before your God, your words were heard, and I have come because of your words. (Daniel 10:12)
- The secret of the LORD is with those who fear Him, and He will show them His covenant. (Psalm 25:14)
- For the perverse person is an abomination to the LORD, but His secret counsel is with the upright (Proverbs 3:32)
- You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength. (Deuteronomy 6:5)
- And now, Israel, what does the LORD your God require of you, but to fear the LORD your God, to walk in all His ways and to love Him, to serve the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul. (Deuteronomy 10:12)
- Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the first and great commandment. (Matthew 22:37-38)
Our earthly relationships are essential to the Lord. God the Father ordered the institution of marriage and designed for us to live within families.
Whether we are talking about our relationship with families, others, friends; it is always good to remember the word of the Lord, our God.
Read, study, and meditate on these bible verses about Relationships to strengthen your faith and gain more strength to go about your daily life.
We always leave a space for people who follow the blog to send verses that we forgot to put on the list.
So, if you remember other verses about relationships, please leave your comment below.
David SmallIs an Ordained Minister and Life Coach. He is an ordained minister since 1988. Shortly after receiving Jesus as his personal savior, he answered the call to ministry.
48 Bible Verses For Someone Dying Of Cancer
Do know someone dying of cancer? Jesus came into the world to save all who believe that He is the Son of God
Bible Verses about Changing your Mindset: 7 Powerful
Do you know Bible is definitely the basis for a turning point in your life? So are some life-changing Bible verses changing your mindset that you...